[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • The signs in the Heavens! 40 : Pak Vision
Board index Pak Vision The signs in the Heavens! 40

The signs in the Heavens! 40

Pak Vision is a platform where all are welcome sharing their version of dreams about Pakistan and it's future.
Unread post Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:45 am
“May I know when will we come to your vision about Pakistan, as you keep talking about everything else but that?” I asked when he became silent. He didn’t answer my question and just looked at me with pensive but penetrating stare. Excusing himself he went out of the room and stayed away for a while. When he came back, he didn’t resume the session as I had hoped. I bade goodbye sensing that he had no intention of continuing and he smiled before saying Adieu.
“See you next time.” I said feeling some unease due to his strange smile. He kept silent and gave me an envelope and asked me to not read it before I came home. I didn’t like the idea but had to promise before I left from there. By the time I came home, I had almost forgotten that his envelope lay in my pocket. I took it out and opened it ardently and started reading it. There was some kind of message for me, which I wished to read as fast as possible. The short message made me disappointed.

“I know I have been talking about the things you would have preferred to avoid listening but I couldn’t help telling you all if you were to understand. Even though there is still much to narrate that what’s related, seeing your lack of interest, I’ve decided to terminate the further meetings. From now on I wouldn’t be available and yet my promise to narrate about my vision withstands. I have to figure out yet how I am to narrate it, so have patience. Take good care///// your sincerely”
I read the message and smiled nervously. “No way, you can’t withdraw so easily, especially after consuming so much of my precious time in trivialities.”
I slept without worrying about anything and called him the first thing in the morning when I woke up. He used to be an early riser but there was no answer to my calls. I was not to give up, I kept trying his home number, his office number and mobile but strangely no one was answering. I was free that day from the office, so I decided to drive to his office. When I went there the receptionist was talking on the phone and for that reason held me waiting for a while. When she finally came to where I sat waiting and asked what I wanted, I told her to tell his boss that I wished to see him. She asked if I had any appointment, I shook my head. She looked a bit indecisive but went back to her desk and called her boss. After a brief conversation she hung up, came to my direction and led me to the office I had been few times earlier. A bulky, bald, middle aged man stared at me with unpleasant eyes. He was rather rude by not showing me any courtesy.
“I have come to see your boss, where is he” I was confused.
“I’m the boss; there is no one else here. What’s the name of the fellow you look for?” The man said arrogantly. I told him that I didn’t know the name but tried my best to describe the mystery man. I told him that I had been in his office few times and had had conversation with the man I looked for but the bulky man seemed to be not interested.
“Look, I have important matters to take care of, so don’t waste my time.”
“How long have you had this office?” I asked thinking that the mystery man had sold the office in the meantime.
“This office is here from the last twenty years, why?” he looked irritated and I saw no point in keep talking to that unpleasant person. Without saying anything more I turned and left his office, all surprised.
I was not in best of my moods and wanted to meet the mystery man face to face and inquire what the purpose of the joke was. I rang on the door but no response. After trying many times I was about to go my way when I heard someone approaching the gate. It was some elderly man whom I had never met before. I inquired about the mystery man and he looked as he didn’t understand anything. I explained in detail about the man I had been coming and visiting there from the last several weeks or perhaps months. The old man looked confused before telling me that the house belonged to a family that had moved abroad one year ago and except him, the watchman, no one lived there.
“You must be a lousy watchman, if someone has been living and entertaining his guests here. How could you not notice our presence in the house? Are you a kind of blind or are you an addict and remain high all the time?” I was very hard on the poor man, who just looked bewildered at me. I was merciless, taking all my frustration on the poor old man.

Unread post Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:29 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Like your young man in the text, we too feel hugely frustrated that the mystery man has vanished, leaving our intellectual curiosity unappeased. At least he's made a promise to return and lead the narration of his vision to a successful conclusion. So all we can do at the moment is to Play the card of patience and await his return with serenity.

Unread post Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:12 pm
No need to worry MG, tomorrow would be the day, when we will find the final Episode.
Just read and pass your judgment, whenever you feel for it.
Thanks for showing an interest and encouraging and inspiring me.

Return to Pak Vision