[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • Faiz : MUSIC
Board index MUSIC Faiz

Faiz

A forum for music lovers

Unread post Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:47 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Shimatoree, thank you for introducing us to the tremendous voice of our great Bade Ghulam Ali Khan's grandson, Shujaat, singing Faiz Ahmed Faiz in his own particular way. A most moving experience it was.

Unread post Fri May 03, 2013 2:42 pm
Where is Musician? Has he gone besura?

Unread post Fri May 03, 2013 8:43 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Hello JS, Glad to see you after so long. The last time we spoke, I think it was about Dr TUQ. And now to your question. Don't you know where Musician is? Probably still on pkp. Haven't heard anything from him in a long, long time either. And now we're all so taken up with the General Election, no time to spare even to add something to this Forum. You help us out. Give us a song which will make us sit up and take notice. Thanks in advance.

Unread post Fri May 03, 2013 8:52 pm
semirza User avatar

With apologies.....I would add that Musician Bhai Sahab is an expert; we learned and are in wait to learn a lot from him. I would say he holds a high degree of knowledge concerning 'the sa'at sur' and to plus it up with an extremely fine tuned ear; an ear capable to identify melody from pre 1950,s singers.
Truly commendable talent...a rare trait indeed.

Unread post Sat May 04, 2013 2:12 am
Musician Most Senior Member

@Javed Sheikh

ہم کہاں کے دانا تھے کس ہنر میں یکتا تھے

مفت میں ہوا دشمن غالب آسمان اپنا

Unread post Sat May 04, 2013 2:30 am

Mirza Jee

"Don't you know where Musician is? Probably still on pkp. Haven't heard anything from him in a long, long time either."

Have not been a regular poster for some time but recently one of the Senior Moderator advised me to keep away from the forum because I found the "English Language only" edict objectionable and said so. So, I have not posted anything since then but have not gone away either.

Saw comments by JS today. Got exited and then saw your comment and felt compelled to reply.

Unread post Sat May 04, 2013 2:48 am

semirza Jee

I will not deny for a second that I was very pleased indeed to read the accolade you bestowed on me. Not valid but neverteless very pleasing. Ego Ego....

"I would say he holds a high degree of knowledge concerning 'the sa'at sur'"

Have you not considered that this degree could be a fake degree but then so what? As someone has said. A degreee is a degree fake or real!

In order to say thank you to you, I offer the followiing. The lyrics are by Late Naushad who had become a poet by keeping company with Shakeel Badayuni. This was described as "Aathwan Sur". I hope you and Mirza Jee both will enjoy.

Unread post Sat May 04, 2013 2:27 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

For all my fellow bloggers, present here or elsewhere, simply because I love Rahat Fateh Ali who pulled off the extraordinary feat of singing the same song both for PTI and PMLN, but free for the former and at a cost of 40 lakhs for the latter. Great man, Rahat. also the message, simple though it is, is not devoid of wisdom.

Unread post Sat May 25, 2013 11:22 pm
For Res;

Hum dekhaen gaye by Faiz

@stingingnettle1
stingingnettle1@gmail.com

Unread post Tue May 28, 2013 5:36 pm
Thanks SN!
I live with a conviction that we're not far from the moment so beautifully described by Faiz.
Yes, we'll witness the incredible!

Return to MUSIC