[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • Music and Songs from around the world : MUSIC
Board index MUSIC Music and Songs from around the world

Music and Songs from around the world

A forum for music lovers
Unread post Sun May 20, 2012 2:17 am
Well, the title says it all.

I will begin with his devastatingly beautiful number titled Yolanda by Pablo Milanes. This might be a good time to learn some Spanish if you do not know it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... C_gEHnIobQ

@stingingnettle1
stingingnettle1@gmail.com

Unread post Sun May 20, 2012 11:22 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Well, well, SN, ghosts from the past. And what a great public. I used to love Pablo in my younger days, though not so much as his contemporary Silvio Rodriguez. I'll post something by him a bit later. Now, music is an alien country to me. But I'd feel at home in it again no doubt, if I remained there long enough. As for Yolanda, as one fan put it: Que hermosa lettra To which I'll add que incomparable voz!

MG Sahib

I am glad there was a time you liked Pablo. Yes, great audience too.

Here is another one for you; Ibrahim Ferer and Celia Cruz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAXjGXBc ... detailpage

@stingingnettle1

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

The two greats together joining in the same song.

MG Sahib,

A brilliant unplugged rendition of Yolanda. Thanks, I loved it.
@stingingnettle1

Here is one specially on for MG Sahib;

@stingingnettle1

Unread post Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:59 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

How delightful, from Yolanda to a new and refreshing version of Ayesha, bringing memories galore in its wake. As you can see, Dear SN, when words fail one, one must fall back on another mode of expression. What better substitute than music which soothes even as it makes one think? Thank you so much.

This one is for you MG Sahib; the 'sparrow' at her best. This must only be enjoyed in the dead quiet of a summer night.

And for those who want to know what the song is saying, here is a translation I have got from the web.

No, nothing at all
No, I have no regrets
Neither the good that made ​​me
Nor evil, all that I care!

No, nothing at all
No, I have no regrets
It is paid, swept away, forgotten
I care about the past!

With my memories
I lit the fire
My sorrows, my pleasures
I no longer need them!

Swept the loves
And all their tremors
Swept away forever
I start from scratch

No, nothing at all
No, I have no regrets
Neither the good that made ​​me
Nor evil, all that I care!

No, nothing at all
No, I have no regrets
Because my life, because my joys
Today, that begins with you
@stingingnettle1

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Marvellous, SN, simply marvellous. Nostalgia galore and Piaf's Non, rien de rien is also an exercice in humility, I'd say. The sparrow is our humblest bird, isn't it? And thanks for the splendid words you wrote on that topic. I agreed with each one of them, though the heat in the face did imply a sort of a blush at your introductory phrase, if only our skin colour had allowed it to seep through.

Unread post Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:37 am
I knew you would like a reminder of Piaf mesmerising the crowd at Paris Olympia. You do have an unfair advantage with your fluent French! All I can say is that it is best not to live a life of regrets - easy said than done in this age and time.

This one is not a song but it is so utterly beautiful that I urge you to spare about 9 minutes for it. Hold on to your seat at 1:01 because you will be hit by music that is impossibly beautiful. Ennio Morricone, to me, is always defined by this composition. It is taken from the film 'The Mission' - worth watching if you are at a loose end.

@stingingnettle1

semirza User avatar

This song by Googoosh has always been and will always be my favourite:

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

I'm not specially fond of music from this part of the world. This song though (subtitles in Portuguese) is an exception. Beautifully sung and, finally, a philosophical comment (illusion versus reality) from which something can be learnt.

Unread post Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:28 am
Ladysmith Black Mambazo doing their magic.

@stingingnettle1

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

SN, this group was unknown to me, hugely enjoyable and added a new name to my list of foreign singers to keep an eye, or rather an ear on. Thanks a lot.

For my fellow bloggers, a very special number by Andrea Bocelli.

@stingingnettle1

Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

SN, that was much needed. Si Dieu le veut, nous partirons ensemble le jour de notre victoire ultime. Beautiful song, beautifully sung.

Unread post Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 am
MG Sahib,

C'è solo un modo per rispondere alle vostre parole, Faiz può dire meglio,

This is for you too Resurrected.

@stingingnettle1

MG Sahib, what do make of this?

@stingingnettle1

Unread post Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:25 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

SN, what to say to the incomparable diva? Perfection in an imperfect world! She was always my favourite. All the cares of the day slipped away, replaced by peace. Divas come and divas go, but la Callas goes on forever.

Unread post Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:21 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuReFeM8lVc

One of the most moving and significant pieces I know in the music today. i dedicate it to all our bloggers and to the people of the country called Pakistan.

Next

Return to MUSIC