[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • Raag-o-Rang : MUSIC - Page 2
Board index MUSIC Raag-o-Rang

Raag-o-Rang

A forum for music lovers
Unread post Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:19 pm
Musician Most Senior Member

Unread post Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:17 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Perfect tutoring. Musician. Let's get on to Raag Todi now. One thing I can say for myself. I did guess this time it was a morning raag. The long shadows were missing. Maybe I'm getting better. So after the Asha introduction, let's see if more can be learnt from the Ustad Rashid Khan which I did enjoy greatly as well:

Unread post Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:31 pm

Tutoring Mirza Ghalib
Far from that.I am so sorry by creating that impression. I will refrain from it in future.

Apologies

Unread post Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:34 am

Turoring! I slept over my previous comment and woke up saying to myself. "I quite like the idea of tutoring, that makes me an Ustad" And as they say "na heeng lagin, na phatkari aur Ustad Bann gaye" So in future I would like to be addressed as Ustad Musician Khan, Bans Baraily walay.

So Mirza Ghalib here is another tuition in Todi, an early morning raga.

Unread post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:18 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Thanks God, the sense of humour kicked in, thank God! Ustad Sahib a humble question: what does Bans Baraily walay mean? Perfect Lata. Long live the Todi raag.

Unread post Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:17 am
semirza User avatar

Ustad Musician Khan Sahab! Mirza Sahab..I was about to ask the same about Bans Baraily walay.....and sure enough, we all know Musician Sahab and his taste of music that is superb...

Unread post Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:22 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Great to hear your voice again, Mirza Sahib! Reunited we are in perplexity. But Musician will no doubt clear up the matter when he gets a moment.

Unread post Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:30 am

Now Mirza Ghalib and Mirza Sahib
You must have heard of:
Chhatri Wala, Topi Wala and Bandooq Wala etc etc. I also wanted to be something wala. Why Bans Brailey? Brailey is the capital of Lucknow (UP) and is famous for its Bans (cane,bamboo). I have a childhood friend whos family migrated from Brailey to Pakistan in early fiftees. I remember Brailey in that context. So, I decided that if I am going to confer a title upon myself then this will be the preferred one. It is mouthful, isn't it?

PS Amongst other things, Bans is used to make a flute. That also gives you a musical connection.

Unread post Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:39 am

Unread post Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:35 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

WOW! as one says. Perfection. What an unforgettable piece. It will haunt me for days to come. As for the BB explanation, Ustad Sahib, once my laughter had been controlled, it occurred to me that if, thanks to my innocent if ill advised use of a word, a childhood deam was fulfilled, it turned out well for all finally.

Unread post Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:09 pm

I confess to be very stupid. People have been saying/writing BB for such a long time and I never realised what they meant.
Zindabad BB

Unread post Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Unread post Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:21 am

For Mirza Ghalib as per promise.

Unread post Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:50 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Thank you, BB Ustad. Enjoyed that no end. You are a man of your word.

Unread post Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:47 am

Mirza Ghalib
Few days ago you posed a question, would Lata have made a successful classical singer? I was very tempted to say No and my reason would have been that she has a very Nazuk awaaz which is not suitable for classical singing. But I referained from making such a huge judgement for such a huge artist. I have against my expectations found a renedition by her in your favourite raag, I am sure, you will enjoy.

Unread post Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:38 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Oh, what a young and touching Lata and how beautifully she did that! You were right to be hesitant in judgement. She could have done it had she so wished. But I doubt any of us would want her other than she has been all along, a source of strength and joy for millions and millions. I enjoyed it so much, Musician, the enjoyment blew away the depression I was feeling over the knife thrust in our backs by long sleeves yesterday. Thank you so very much.

Unread post Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:58 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Unread post Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:12 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Unread post Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:38 am

PreviousNext

Return to MUSIC