[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • For Music Lovers : MUSIC - Page 2
Board index MUSIC For Music Lovers

For Music Lovers

A forum for music lovers
Unread post Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Unread post Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Musician Most Senior Member

Mirza Ghalib

For you, a composition in your favourite raag!

Unread post Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:22 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Rafi and O.P. Nayyar together = ubeatable

Unread post Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:42 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Unread post Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:04 am

Unread post Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Unread post Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:57 pm

Unread post Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Unread post Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:35 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

The last Rafi posted above is some kind of a Raag Todi, I take it. For the rest I'm too unversed to be able to tell. What I do know, though, is Salma Agha is superb. Thanks for reminding us of her beauty and talent. Dedicated to all our blogger friends and to Stingingnettle in particular.

Unread post Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:05 pm

The last Rafi posted above is some kind of a Raag Todi,

That comment can only be made by a Khan Saheb!

UMKBBW

Unread post Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:49 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Musician, is it that dil kay armaan also springs from the same source? I go by Naina beeti jaye. Humming the one and then humming the other, there might just about be a similarity. Or then it's only in my imagination. Wish I knew. How do you view it?

Unread post Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:16 pm

Mirza Ghalib
First, let me explain why I posted "dil kay armaan". I was reading the Politics thread about "khadam-e-alla" and felt compelled to make one or two comments. The last comment used "dil kay armaan" and despite temptation decided not to post a vide over there( viewtopic.php?f=3&t=129) Hence decided to post it here.

Second, reverting to your question, I am most certain it is not Todi but agree with you that the notes sound famliar. This the problem with these raag and raginis for that matter that notes can be almost same or similar but the discipline makes it a different raag altogether. Humming it the notes of another famous song came up in the memory and if I can guess it right it is raag Shivranjini. My friend Naushad is no longer around otherwise I would sought guidance from him. I will post this song for you to ponder as well. I am sure together we will find the answer.

UMKBBW

Unread post Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:38 pm

Here it is Mirza Ghalib- Let me know what you think.

Unread post Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:58 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Musician, I did read your comment on the Khadam-e-ala thread, but I'd listened to the Salma Agha before. Not having paid due attention to the time of posting, I concluded that the video came before the comment and the title was still haunting you and so you incorporated it in your text. Now, I'm glad you cleared that one up for me. Don't mind being wrong, but am pleased you did acknowledge the whole complexity of our raags and raginis. As for the last puzzle, in the face of that complexity, any definitive answer would be audacious on my part. Still, I can't help thinking that had you been able to question your friend, the chances are he'd have said you were right. I listened to both pieces several times to make sure the similarities were indeed there.

To end, a word about flute music, something new for me. Terrific, I find it. So far, I only liked South American flute compositions. Now I can proudly add our own to it.

Unread post Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:13 am

Mirza Ghalib

I am surprised that you had not been introduced to the proper flute (Bansuri) before. My reference to BB was for some reason you know. Now that you have liked one piece, I will post another one for you. I recall a renedition by Asha which talks about the importance of Bansuri. I will see if I can find it for you.

Unread post Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:50 am
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

One of my favourite songs about which one knowledgeable person pointed out that Madan Mohan was inspired by the Raag Adana?

Unread post Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Nice one Mirza Ghalib. Song is an olden goldie but I had no clue about its Raag. I had heard the name of Adana but the name was off putting enough for me never to venture into it. You have been kind also to post the Sitar piece for my education. Sounds very pleasant.

Unread post Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:38 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Dedicated to S.B. who was once P. It brings back memories of happier, more innocent times.

semirza User avatar

Kabhi Khud Pe Kabhi Haalaat Pe Rona Aaya
Baat Nikli To Har Ik Baat Pe Rona Aaya
Hum To Samjhe The Ki Hum Bhool Gaye Hain Unko
Kya Hua Aaj Yeh Kis Baat Pe Rona Aaya
Kis Liye Jeete Hain Hum Kiske Liye Jeete Hain
Baarha Aise Sawalat Pe Rona Aaya
Kaun rota hai kisi aur ki Khatir ai dost
Sabko apni hi kisi baat pe rona aayaa

Lyrics: Sahir Ludhianvi

Unread post Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:05 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar