[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1045: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3884)
ThePakPolitics • Salaam from Khan_Sahib : GUEST VIEWS AND OPINIONS
Board index GUEST VIEWS AND OPINIONS Salaam from Khan_Sahib

Salaam from Khan_Sahib

Guests are welcome to post their views and opinions.
Unread post Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:45 pm
Khan_Sahib Most Senior Member

Assalam ulaikum All,

Sorry, It took me long to come here. Mainly due to my personal engagements plus the fact that after wasting so many years on pkp discuss, you do want a break from all this mess.

Anyway, Glad that I am here and pleased to see the standard of this forum.

Many Thanks for Semirza Sahib for reminding me again and again with his usual patience. Mirza sahib.... Hum hazir hain.
Hope to see you all around.

Regards

Khan_Sahib
—————————————————————————————————————-
“I have taken up the sword to defend the pride of the Afghan, I am Khushal Khattak, the honorable man of the age.”

Unread post Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:47 pm
Scandinavian User avatar
Senior Moderator

Welcome Khan sb. Good to see you here and looking forward to see your msg's :)
Tundi-e-Bad-e-Mukhalif se na ghabra aye Oqab - Ye to chalti ha tujhay uncha urhanay ke leye

Unread post Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:00 pm
Welcome on board. We all look forward to reading your input.
@stingingnettle1
stingingnettle1@gmail.com

Unread post Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:11 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Khan_Sahib. If I may put it this way, thank you for this precious Easter gift. It couldn't have come at a more appropriate moment and, believe me, it couldn't be appreciated more. With you backing us up as well, we have it made. Welcome, Dear Khan_Sahib, welcome. And long, long may we hear your own inimitable voice on this blog.

Unread post Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:27 pm
semirza User avatar

Welcome Khan_Sahib,
What a pleasure to see your presence among us. We feel honoured and speaking for myself I feel extremely pleased. Thanks a lot Khan_Sahib. Happy blogging, Sir.

Unread post Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:36 pm
xero Senior Member

i can remember the beautiful time when all of u senior bloggers used to write on regular basis and naive like me had a great chance to learn a lot from you people .thnx God we are able to see all of you at the same place again and IA i am hopeful that we will see even more valuable contributions by you people.One thing is common in most of you that you are ACTUALLY well educated and have enough tolerance to tolerate the opposing opinions mashaALLAh.wish you best of luck sir.

Unread post Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Assalam ulaikum,
Ramadan Kareem (Belated), Eid Mubbarak (in advance) to all members of this site. I apologise for my absence but things have been difficult and yet very busy in my personal life, hence the disapperance. Now that I am a bit free, I will Inshallah be more regular until, I am chucked out ;))))))

Hope all of you are well. I am not going to name every individual but I have missed all of you. I hope, I can pick up the pieces where I left .....

Take care
“I have taken up the sword to defend the pride of the Afghan, I am Khushal Khattak, the honorable man of the age.”

Unread post Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:26 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Khan_Sahib, Lovely that time has again given you a break and there's been a lull in your usual activity. We are the beneficiaries. I consider your renewed presnce here a Ramadan gift to us all.

And now perhaps when you have a moment to spare you'll tell us a bit more about "Khushal Khattak, the honourable man of the age." He sounds like someone we should all get to know a bit better.

Unread post Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Mirza Sahib... Thanks for your re-welcoming message. Hope you are well along with your loved ones. I will find some material on him and post it soon. I am afraid that it has to be from google to give you a description..
Also, I will send you a message in your inbox ... to have a bit of chit chat with you and other friends. ..
Salam

Unread post Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:40 pm

Mirza Sahib... I got this from one of the facebook page which will give you some insight about him... Hope you find it interesting...

Favorite Quotations
Khushal Khan Khattak (1613 - 1689) (Pashto: خوشحال خان خټک) was a Pashtun warrior, poet and tribal chief of the Khattak tribe[1]. He wrote in Pashto during the reign of the Mughal emperors in the seventeenth century, and admonished Afghans to forsake their divisive tendencies and unite. He was a renowned fighter who became known as the "Afghan Warrior Poet".[2] He lived in the foothills of the Hindu Kush mountains in what is now the North-West Frontier Province (NWFP) of western Pakistan.
Contents

* 1 Biography
o 1.1 Rebellion
* 2 Published works
o 2.1 Death
* 3 Notes
* 4 External links

Biography

Khushal Khan was the son of Shahbaz Khan and was born in Akora (now in Nowshera District, Pakistan). His grandfather, Malik Akoray, was the first Khattak to enjoy widespread fame during the reign of the Mughal King Jalal-ud-din Akbar. Akoray moved from Teri (a village in Karak District) to Sarai Akora, the town which Akoray founded and built. Akoray cooperated with the Mughals to safeguard the trunk route and was generously rewarded for his assistance. The Akor Khels, a clan named after Akoray, still hold a prominent position in the Khattak tribe. The Khattak tribe of Khushhal Khan now (2007) lives in areas of Karak, Kohat, Nowshera, Peshawar, Mardan and in other parts of the North-West Frontier Province.

Khushhal Khan’s life can be divided into two important parts — during his adult life he was mostly engaged in the service of the Mughal King, and during his old age he was preoccupied with the idea of the unification of the Pashtuns.

His first involvement in war occurred when he was just 13 years old. Shah Jehan appointed him as the tribal chief and Mansabdar at the age of 28 after the death of his father. By appointment of the Mughul emperor, Shah Jehan, Khushhal succeeded his father in 1641, but in 1658, Aurangzeb, Shah Jehan's successor, locked him away as a prisoner in the Gwalior fortress.[3]
[edit] Rebellion

After Khushhal was permitted to return to Pashtun dominated areas (now constituting the NWFP), he incited the Afghans to rebel against the Mughal Emperor Aurenzeb[4].

Along with the Rajputs, the Pashtun tribesmen of the Empire were considered the bedrock of the Mughal Army. They were crucial defenders of the Mughal Empire from the threat of invasion from the West. The Pashtun revolt in 1672 was triggered when soldiers under the orders of the Mughal Governor Amir Khan attempted to molest women of the Safi tribe in what is now Kunar. The Safi tribes attacked the soldiers. This attack provoked a reprisal, which triggered a general revolt of most of the tribes. Attempting to reassert his authority, Amir Khan led a large Mughal Army to the Khyber pass. There the army was surrounded by tribesmen and routed, with only four men, including the Governor, managing to escape.

After that the revolt spread, with the Mughals suffering a near total collapse of their authority along the Pashtun belt. The closure of the important Attock-to-Kabul trade route along the Grand Trunk road was particularly critical. By 1674 the situation had deteriorated to a point where Aurangzeb himself camped at Attock to personally take charge. Switching to diplomacy and bribery along with force of arms, the Mughals eventually split the rebellion and while they never managed to wield effective authority outside the main trade route, the revolt was partially suppressed. However the long term anarchy on the Mughal frontier that prevailed as a consequence ensured that Nadir Shah's forces half a century later faced little resistance on the road to Delhi.[5]

Forced to flee after the Mughals reasserted control, he died after many years of attempting to unite the various Pakhtun tribes together.

His grave carries the inscription:da afghan pa nang me watarla tura, nanagyalai da zamana khushal khattak yam "I have taken up the sword to defend the pride of the Afghan, I am Khushal Khattak, the honorable man of the age." Khushhal Khan Khattak died on February 25, 1689, in Dambara. [6]

The Mazar of Khushal Khan Khattak is situated near the Railway Station of Akora Khattak in Nowshera district. N.W.F.P, Pakistan.[7]
[edit] Published works

His poetry consists of more than 45,000 poems. According to some historians the number of books written by him is more than 200. His more famous books are Baz Nama, Fazal Nama, Distar Nama and Farrah Nama.

H. G. Raverty was the first translator of Khattak into English; Selections from the Poetry of Afghans (1862, Kolkata) has ninety eight poetic pieces. This was followed by Biddulph’s translation Selections from the Poetry of Khushhal Khan Khattak in 1890 published in London. Evelyn Howell and Olaf Caroe jointly translated and published The Poems of Khushhal Khan Khattak in 1963, from the University of Peshawar. Another translation was that by Dr N. Mackenzie Poems from the Diwan of Khushhal Khan Khattak published from London in 1965.

Dost Mohammad Khan Kamil was the first Pakhtoon scholar to initiate research on Khattak along scientific lines. He wrote two important and comprehensive books, one in English called On a Foreign Approach to Khushhal and the other in Urdu titled Khushhal Khan Khattak published in 1952. Diwan-i-Khushhal Khan Khattak was published under the directive of H .W. Bellew in 1869 (Jail Press, Peshawar), the manuscript of which was provided by Sultan Bakhash Darogha, an employee of the British government. More recently his poetry has been translated again.[8][9]

In October 2002, a book on Khushal Khan Khattak, Khushal Khan, The Afghan Warrior Poet and Philosopher, has been published. Sponsored by Pashtoon Cultural Society (Regd) and Pashto Adabi Society (Regd) Islamabad/Rawalpindi, written by a well known writer and scholar, Ghani Khan Khattak who is reputed for having established the literary and cultural societies and for promoting Pushto literary and cultural activities in the federal capital, Islamabad (Pakistan). The significance of the above named book lies in that this is the first book in English on Khushal. Most of the written material available on Khushal Khan Khattak is either in Pashto or in Urdu. Although orientalists have always given importance to Khushal in their findings but they have not ever presented a detailed picture of the exceptional man known as Khushal Khan.
[edit] Death

Khushal khan Khattak died in 1689. He is buried near Akora Khattak in NWFP.
https://www.facebook.com/Khattack/info
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Unread post Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:41 pm
Mirza Ghalib User avatar
Senior Moderator

Most informative that was, Khab_Sahib, thank you. So he was one of that precious breed, the warrior-poet. Since I tend to understand poets better than warriors, I went to look for a poem by him and came up with this one:

Life's no life when no honor's left;
Man's a man when honor's kept.

A nation's honor and a nation's fame;
On life they have a prior claim.

With thoughts of these I do remain;
Unvexed by cares of loss or gain.

Good, isn't it? Though no doubt better in Pushto. So the great Ghani Khan was also a Khattak. And then we have a Khattak of our own, Masood Sharif, on whom we are counting a great deal for the safety and sanity of IK as he goes along. I've seen Masood Sharif on one occasion only: the last time, IK went to Peshawar. Well, it was home ground I suppose so that's why he stepped forward.

Anyway, I understand the motto on your standard a bit better. And now I'm a Pukhtoon poet the richer for it and grateful for this added wealth.

Unread post Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:49 pm
aftab Most Senior Member

W Salam and welcome back Khan_Sahib and nice to hear from you Sir. Hope you are well!
Full Solidarity With The Muslim Brotherhood

Unread post Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:35 am

Thank you very much Aftab Sahib.. Glad to be here and good to see you again too.

Return to GUEST VIEWS AND OPINIONS